GET FIT: FITNESS TIPS & TRICKS
Women - Weight Train And Burn More Fat!
Women, if you want to get rid of the fat in your body, lift weights and build strong active muscles!
The most beautiful bodies are lean, symmetrical and firm, or in one word - buff.
So why do we see so many women starving themselves trying to be skinny? Lack of knowledge is the epidemic!
The problem is too much focus has been placed on dieting and cardio training while less importance placed on weight training. Most women don't understand that weight training is important to shape their bodies!
Muscle burns fat! It means the more muscle you have on your body the more fat your body burns!
- After puberty your essential muscle growth is over and your muscle starts to deteriorate.
- As you age you lose muscle. "If you don't use it, you lose it".
- The act of pregnancy further accelerates your muscle loss. The amount of protein your baby needs to develop requires the baby to steal protein (muscle) from you!
- Dieting and aerobic exercise without strength training causes muscle loss.
- Weight training re-builds your lost muscle.
- Women who weight train won't increase their muscle size much, just their muscle's density and strength. So forget the fear of "bulking up", MUSCLE BURNS FAT!!!!
Keys To A Good Metabolism
1. Weight training
2. Nutritious eating
3. Interval training
4. An active lifestyle
5. Consistency in all of the above
We are often programmed to think we have to weigh a certain amount to be happy. You need to get rid of that scale mentality.
What you should be most concerned about is your muscle mass percentage and your body fat percentage. That is what it all comes down to, your body composition. Muscle in women deteriorates at almost every stage of life. This is why we must weight train! Weight training rebuilds your lost muscle and therefore rebuilds your metabolism.
Weight training philosophy is based on:
1. The Basic Big three
The Basic Big Three
There are 3 larger main muscle groups of the body and metabolism will be affected most if these 3 muscle groups are emphasized since they comprise the majority of the muscle mass on our bodies. The basic big three are your legs, chest and back.
Women don't have the levels of testosterone necessary to build big bulky muscles!
This is the key to understanding your weight training program.
You must find a way to challenge your muscles. Lifting the same weight every time you perform an exercise will maintain what muscle you have, but not change them.
Change It Up
Change is good. Your muscles get used to the same thing over and over again. They get bored just like you do. Boredom causes your muscle to not respond just as it causes you to not want to do your boring workout. Don't be afraid to change:
- Try some new exercises
- Ask your certified personal trainer about this.
"Don't judge it, just do it"!
No. 1-1, Jalan SP 2/1, Taman Serdang Perdana, 43300 Seri Kembangan, Selangor, Malaysia.
Tel: +603-8959 1929
Mon - Fri: 7:00 am - 11:00 pm
Weekends / Public Holiday: 8:00 am- 10:00 pm
F & B-2, Ground floor, Tower 4 at PFCC, Jalan Puteri 1/2, Bandar Puteri, 47100 Puchong, Selangor.
Tel: +603-8051 3398
Mon - Fri: 7:00 am - 11:00 pm
Weekends / Public Holiday: 9:00 am- 7:00 pm